Thursday, June 20, 2013

Summer Dresses

 So I call this quilt Summer Dresses, but I first saw this design on the cover of the book Quilting with my Sisters by Barbara Brandeburg and Teri Christopherson. When I saw that book I said... "I am making this quilt for sure and it's going to be for me to pass down to a granddaughter or niece some day." Funny thing is my husband really likes it so I have to keep him away from it so he doesn't start growing to attached to it. Ha ha ha.


I used a layer cake some border fabric and the background fabric and called it done. It made it simple to shop for and simple to mix and match each block.
And there are my Hawaiian feet lol. I need to train my husband on his photo techniques but hey... at least he helped me. 









I really like the aged look of not washing your fabric and batting ahead of time to get this bubbled and aged. look Makes your quilts look warmer and more cozy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment